My alarm does not sound.
If the alarm does not sound, please see here.
My alarm goes off earlier than my set time.
When Smart Alarm is enabled, the alarm may sound earlier than the time you set. If you want the alarm to sound on time, turn off Smart Alarm in Alarm settings.
How to transfer my recorded data to a new phone?
You can back up and restore your data by signing up for the JUKUSUI Cloud Service. This is a free service. Check here for more details.
What should I do when I get a sensor error message?
When the sensors on your smartphone are not working properly, the error message will be shown after the alarm stops.
Please try restarting your phone first because the issue would be solved by doing this in many cases. If the issue was not solved after restarting your phone, the sensors may be broken. Please contact to the manufacturer or the shop you bought the phone.
My sleep log was not created.
Restart your smartphone
Your smartphone may be unstable. Please try restarting your smartphone.
Use the latest version
Please use the latest version of JUKUSUI to improve stability.
Refrain from using other apps while logging your sleep
Using other apps while logging your sleep increases the possibility that JUKUSUI will be force closed. Please refrain from using other apps after tapping the Bedtime button.
Grant permissions required for JUKUSUI features
Permission required shown under the menu means you have not granted the permissions required to stabilize the operations.
Please read the explanations on the screen and allow all permissions required.
My snoring is not recorded (recorded silence).
If you are snoring but your snoring sound is not recorded (recorded silence), please check the following:
- You may not grant the Microphone access. Please confirm whether the Microphone is activated or not. You can do so by going to the “Settings” app on iPhone > “JUKUSUI” > “Permissions”. You will find the Microphone and choose “Allow only while using the app”.
- The phone stops recording your snoring while the Lull Sound is playing because the microphone is turned off (The recording will automatically resume after the Lull Sound has stopped).
- If the free storage space is less than 200 MB, the recorded data will not be saved. You can check the storage space from the bottom line of Snoring settings in General settings.
- Your phone might have been restarted while logging your sleep. The logging will automatically resume after the phone was restarted. But when the Security Lock is activated, the phone records your snoring silently because the microphone is not available after restarting the device.
- Your current Judgment algorithm may not be able to detect your snoring. If you choose “AI”, please try switching to “Volume”. You can confirm it from Judgment algorithm menu of Snoring settings in General settings.
- If you use other apps that use the microphone while logging your sleep, the recording function may not work properly. Please refrain from using other apps while logging your sleep. Some apps can use the microphone in the background all the time, even if you do not actually open them. When the status bar shows an indicator that the microphone is being used by an app on your phone before you start logging your sleep, there is a high possibility that your snoring will not be recorded properly.
- Please restart your phone. If this is a temporary operating system error with your device, the issue can be resolved by simply restarting your device.
- If the issue is still not resolved, the microphone on the device may be broken. Please contact to the manufacturer or the shop you bought the phone.
Why are my other media player apps such as YouTube not working?
The sound from other media player apps will not be played while you are recording your snoring sounds. Also, using other apps while logging your sleep increases the possibility that JUKUSUI will be force closed. Please refrain from using other apps after tapping the Bedtime button.
I want to stop using JUKUSUI.
Tap here to learn how to stop using JUKUSUI.
I want to cancel my Premium subscription.
To cancel your premium subscription, please go to Google Play (Android). Tap here to learn how to cancel your subscription.
I want to delete my Cloud Service account.
If you want to delete your JUKUSUI account for Cloud Service, read this page and delete your account.
How do I find sound gifted to me?
You will receive one paid sound for free every day for seven days starting from the day you used the app if you tap “Bedtime” and log your sleep everyday.
On the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th day, you will receive one “alarm sound” (four alarm sounds in total).
- Someday in morning
- Morning in forest
You can download the alarm sound from JUKUSUI Original menu of Alarm sounds from alarm list on the main screen. You can find “Gift!” under the gifted sound.
On the 2nd, 4th and 6th day, you will receive one Lull Sound (three lull sounds in total).
- Waves to relax
- Urban rain
You can download the Lull Sound from Lull Sound menu of Lull Sound settings in Menu. You can find “Gift!” under the gifted sound.
What is the red line shown on the sensor graph?
The red lines on the sensor graph indicates the range of your awakenings the app detected. The criteria for judging awakenings is based on an algorithm designed by Dr. Roger J.Cole at California University and supervised by Prof. Sunao Uchida at Waseda University.
What should I do when I get an “Error loading the sound data” message?
If the “Error loading the sound data” message was shown in the list of alarm sound or lull sound, please try the following steps:
- Long press on the sound where the error message is shown to delete the sound.
- Download the sound again and confirm the error message is no longer displayed.
If the error message is shown for a sound you purchased outside of JUKUSUI, the sound file is not supported by JUKUSUI.
Why my smartphone gets so hot while I'm logging my sleep?
If your smartphone gets hot while you are logging your sleep, please check the following:
- Even if sleep or sleep timeout settings is activated, the smartphone may not go into to sleep mode after tapping the bedtime button. Consequently, the battery is working hard and your phone gets hot. This is the issue with the operating system and there is no way to solve it from the app side. If you are facing this issue, please change the sleep settings on your phone or press the power button after tapping the bedtime button to switch to sleep mode.
- Keeping your smartphone under your pillow, blanket or other warming material may prevent the smartphone from cooling down and may cause it to hot. Please place your phone next to your pillow.
- When the battery is low, please charge the battery to 70% before logging your sleep.
As the battery deteriorates, the heat of the battery may raise the temperature of the smartphone. If you are still worried about the heat of your smartphone after checking above, please replace your phone battery.
My Lull Sound does not sound.
- Confirm the volume is turned up from Lull Sound menu of Lull Sound settings in Menu.
- On FUJITSU smartphones, the Lull Sound may not be played if the “Auto silent mode” is activated on JUKUSUI. We recommend that you turn off “Auto Silent Mode”. If you want to keep the device in silent mode while you sleep, please set “Original Manner (Silent)” on your device and change the media volume in the Original Manner settings.
The alarm goes off even though I stopped logging my sleep.
If you stop logging your sleep before the alarm goes off, the sleep logging is stopped but the alarm is still activated. If you wake up before the alarm time, please stop logging and turn off the alarm.
The alarm does not sound through the device's speaker when headphones are connected.
On some F-05D devices, when the silent mode is set, the alarm does not sound through the device's speaker when the headphones are connected, even if “Play sounds through speaker” is enabled. In such a case, try turning the silent mode off before using it.
The alarm volume is too low.
Some Sony devices have their own sound controllers called sound effects. If you feel the alarm volume is too low, try changing the settings on these sound controllers.
I want to know what type of permissions needed.
See here for the permissions required and why they are needed.